The International Potato Center (CIP), together with its partners in Georgia, organized a workshop from 11-14 Oct, 2017 in Tbilisi to initiate and plan the new project, ‘Enhancing Rural Livelihoods in Georgia: Introducing Integrated Seed Health Approaches to Local Potato Seed Systems’, funded by the Austrian development agency and led by CIP.
- Familiarize project stakeholders with the project components
- Elicit information from participants for project objectives, particularly Objective 1.1 on developing a baseline description of the existing seed system.
- Identify key players in project implementation and clarify roles
- Develop a detailed work plan for the first year, expanding on project objectives and timeline, including but not limited to:
- A general plan for the PhD candidate, including specific plans for the first year
- Develop specific plans and identify needs for training events during the first year
For more information see:
- Photo Gallery 1
- Photo Gallery 2
Media Coverage of workshop:
MEDIA COVERAGE OF PROJECT OPENING: